So today the boys and I ran a bunch of errands. Our last stop was Costco. We had the joy of picking up some stuff for a family who's wife/mommy can't drive at the moment due to a medical condition. I got everything separated and loaded at the register. Then the cashier tells me "Only cash or check, no debit- the machine is down" Normally not a problem since I pay in cash- but I was picking up a bunch of stuff for the other family so I was planning on using the debit card. I said "Oh no- this stuff is for a friend who can't shop herself at the moment and I don't think I have enough cash for it all." So the cashier said that either they can put everything back or load up my cart and I could stand in another line with the one register whose debit machine worked. I said I would go stand in the other line. Then the cashier said, "Well if you want we could try and see if the machine will work." So he rang up everything and I put my card through and it worked! I said, "Thank you Jesus!" Then looked at the cashier and said "Isn't the Lord so good!" Unfortunately he gave me a blank stare and I said "Really the Lord is good" To which he gave me my receipt and looked at me odd. It was so sad that he didn't understand. I pray he will.
But really, the cashier did not have to decide to just give it a try and the machine did not have to work. I could have stood in the other line. But the Lord in His graciousness let things work. I didn't even ask Him to work it out- I just figured I'd go on to the other line. It was such a blessing not to have to go through that as I was already running late and it was 2:00 and the boys were hungry. I wonder just how often the Lord shows Himself in the little things of life and I forget to say thank you or even acknowledge Him. Oh how clearly He shows us His love in "small" ways, yet I totally overlook it.
No comments:
Post a Comment