Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We were blessed with a delightful Thanksgiving.  Simeon has been having some really rough nights.  He is cutting about 6 teeth.  Thanksgiving morning Jonathan graciously watched the boys and I caught up on some sleep.  Then it was time to cook and get ready.  We went to a friends house along with 3 other families about 27 people in all.  The turkey above is something that my grandmother made in 1960something.  (A very long time ago my boys tell everyone.  :) )  This turkey has been at every Thanksgiving that I can remember and my friend graciously let me bring it and it served as the center piece.
Here is the berry pie I made.  Unfortunately I did not inherit my grandmothers talent for making pie crust.  I didn't take more pictures of our gathering sadly.  I was still feeling pretty exhausted and I think we were the first to head home.  Everyone must have prayed for us though, because Simeon slept much better that night and I felt much better too the next day.
On Friday we were very blessed to have a friend of ours, Gen come over along with her brother who was visiting for Thanksgiving.  Simeon doesn't usually attach to people to quickly, but he really took to Tim and had a lot of fun with him.

Here is Simeon hiding his animals in his clothes and playing with Tim.

Cody really enjoys playing chess.  Tim graciously had a match with him.  Kyle and Andrew enjoyed playing Connect 4 with Gen.
Then Cody even got Gen to play too. 

Simeon had to get in on the games too.  :)


Playing horsey with Auntie Gen and loving every minute of it!

No comments: